THE ECONOMIC OUTLOOK: YOUR COMPANY’S OPPORTUNITIES AND RISKS IN THE EVOLVING BUSINESS CYCLE
Why this program: Every business is impacted by the economy; it’s always top of mind for small business owners and corporate executives. Dr. Conerly uses common-sense explanations and simple graphics rather than tedious statistics and complex theories.
· Outlook for major sectors of the economy, with emphasis on those most important to the audience. (For example, lumber companies hear more about housing starts, while credit unions hear more about consumer spending and borrowing.)
· How the global economy will evolve, and what that means for audience members.
· Forecast for inflation and major commodity prices. (Again, with emphasis on those costs most important to the audience.)
· The risk of recession and how businesses can protect themselves.
· Politics? Dr. Conerly never uses the platform to push his own party, but he discusses critical political issues from the perspective of “What does this mean for the economy?”
Why this speaker
Dr. Bill Conerly has been forecasting the economy since 1980—he’s seen it all. He’s also been showing business leaders how the economy will impact their companies—and guiding them to develop plans that will be resilient in any economy.
Normal customization emphasizes those sectors of the economy of greatest impact on the audience. Regional audiences hear “an outsider’s perspective” on the local economy. Audience interaction is flexible; discuss your preferences with Dr. Conerly.
LEADERSHIP IN TODAY’S TIGHT LABOR MARKET: RETAINING AND RECRUITING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY EMPLOYEES
Why this program: The tight labor market is the greatest business challenge today, and it will continue for a decade.
· The secret of employee retention—and it’s not money.
· Finding new employees: where the fish are biting.
· Hiring, retaining and motivating millennials.
Why this speaker: In 2008, in the middle of the recession, Dr. Bill Conerly projected a tight labor market in the next decade and began offering advice on employee retention and recruitment. He identified the best business practices in research for his book, The Flexible Stance: Thriving in a Boom/Bust Economy.
Benefits of this program: Attendees will take back to the office strategies they can implement immediately to increase employee retention, raise recruiting success rates, and build a high productivity workforce.
Dr. Conerly creates specialized content upon request. Some past presentations were:
· Log Exports to the Far East
· Foodservice and the Economy
· Adapting Your Consulting Expertise to an Uncertain Future
· The Future of Manufacturing
Call to discuss your needs.
Audience Interaction: Dr. Conerly enjoys leading interaction among audience members. These activities can be dialed up or dialed down to meet the meeting organizer’s preferences.
Keynote or Workshop? Most of these topics can be conducted either as a keynote to a large audience or as a workshop for a smaller group.